Sunday, October 08, 2006

Digital Painting Video Blogging & Alberto Ruiz & Bobby Collabo!

Digital Painting Video: Sketching a geisha in photoshop while talking about my daily exercises to constantly improve. I also talk about finding your natural style of drawing and painting.

Thanks everyone for the great feedback from the first video. I'll be posting a new video every week or two.

Part 1/3


Part 2/3


Part 3/3


Here's an update on the collabo project I'm doing with Alberto Ruiz. The face on Alberto's drawings are VERY well designed. I had to be very careful in how I painted the woman's face. Faces are always a wonderful trademark of an artist so I had to make sure that the essence of his design was translated well in the final painting.
The face isn't finished but I definitely put a good foundation that reflects Alberto's style, so as long as I keep to what I have right now, I think it's going to turn out quite well.